Friday, January 13, 2006

On Fire

Ever since I bought Sony Acid Music Studio, my creative output has surged. I have been writing new material like the glory days in my old group Hosanna had returned. This new music can be placed into 3 categories: original music where I create every sound (drums, keys, guitars, bass, horns, strings, etc.), remixes of songs others have made, some being mixed and spliced with other songs, and then there are the concoctions made using an eclectic approach and some of the sound libraries Acid provides. These sound libraries are astonishing for their breadth and variety. Being a lover of nearly all styles of music, I really appreciate the ability to mix jazz with country, or folk with hip hop. It is so wonderfully liberating to just enjoy creating music again. I went through years of drought, producing nothing, because inspiration had forsaken me. Now though, the muse has returned. I'm feeling positively prolific!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home