Saturday, October 01, 2005

thinking... (because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)

thinking...

and thinking some more,

abt God
abt how awesome it is that he is mindful of me
abt how he hears me when i call
abt how wonderfully blessed i am
abt how woefully tortured i am
abt how my genius erupts in flashes
abt how my folly oozes with frustrating consistency
abt questions that may lead to unpleasant answers
abt answers that may lead to destructive and liberating actions
abt how beautiful my children are while they are sleeping
abt music
abt how simple harmonic resonances arranged just so can move me to tears
abt Coltrane
abt Nina
abt how good it feels to be loved
abt how things change as I grow older
abt how money has lost its luster
abt how easy it is becoming to say no to wasters of my time
abt my wife and her pains and sorrows
abt being proud of myself
abt things i've done that were shameful
abt not resting on my laurels
abt surging forth
abt being a conqueror
abt being a man
abt what manhood is not
abt comrades past and present
abt giving
abt praying for others
abt walking the walk
abt being invincible
abt leaving the world behind
abt deep waters
abt blackness
abt oneness
abt my left hand and the long scar
abt the pain that never fully goes away
abt going against the grain
abt fate
abt endurance and longsuffering
abt character
abt my mom and dad
abt writing
about tasks that need to be done

thinking

...and thinking some more

1 Comments:

Blogger Kima Jones said...

tasks that need to be done

October 01, 2005 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home