Saturday, September 24, 2005

Stop Wasting Time

I'm gonna break the cycle
I'm gonna shake up the system
I'm gonna destroy my ego
I'm gonna close my body now

I'm gonna avoid the cliche

I'm gonna suspend my senses
I'm gonna delay my pleasure
I'm gonna close my body now

These are lyrics from the last 007 flick, Die Another Day. I was watching this movie a while back and when I heard this particular song, I was drawn to the string arrangement. The strings absolutely make the song. The bass line isn't too shabby, but I definitely love the strings. Anyway, although the lyrics are a little simplistic, I can find myself related to the mindset that is behind them. I have to go for mine, start implementing some things that I have known I must do for years, but was waiting for my season. I believe my season is now. I'm already doing a lot right now (running my own business, finishing my degree, writing new lyrics and music, being a parent and husband, singing in the choir and on the praise team, etc...) but I know there is more that needs to be done. There is more that needs to be done, and if I don't do it, it will not get done. No one else is blessed with my gifts in my proportions. This means that there are definitely people out there superior to me at every inidivudal gift I have, but in terms of the mix of my various talents and the ability to synthesize them into uses greater than the sum of their parts, I am unique. And so I must do what I am here to do even if I don't know how I am going to do it or why. I am feeling a pull from my inner spirit to stretch forth myself, like a butterfly that instinctively knows that now is the time to break out of this coccoon. I don't have anything to prove to anyone. If I were to die today, I will consider my life fruitful and wonderful and fulfilling. I am not undertaking this to make up for any feelings of inadequacy, or need for excitement, or bragging rights. I just feel compelled and driven, almost siezed by something, and so I am going to yield to it. I doubt the butterly has any inkling of how drastically different his/her life is going to be compared to when it was a caterpillar. I guess I'm about to find out.

Sing, my sword!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home