Wednesday, November 02, 2005

If You Wait By the Phone, Inspiration Will Call...Eventually

I wrote a new song today, on my guitar and not the piano. Because of this it sounds a little folksy, like Joni Mitchell or that song Let It Rise somewhat, but with some funk influence like Roger Troutman. If I had a wah wah or something it would sound like Isaac Hayes met Joe Sample. Maybe this is the excuse I needed to spend more money! I love it when a new idea comes to me. The words came about 2 hours after the music. It is deliberately unsophisticated. I just want people to think about God, not how witty this lyric was or how deep that one was. So, today's motto is: Keep it simple.

If

If He's been good to you clap your hands
If He showed you mercy stomp your feet
If He gave you anything

to show you that he cares
Then lift your voice and make this song complete

If He made a way for you then scream
If He sent a savior to redeem
If He took the broken parts

and put them back together
Let him know you'll worship him forever.

Key of G, Chord progression is simple I,IV,V
Conceived and Executed 11/02/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home