Monday, April 04, 2005

It's Been a Minute, Huh?

I've been trying to take care of business, battle with my own personal demons, deal with the grind of modern life, and remain sane. A tall order, so please forgive me if I seem to have everything but the sanity.

My first quarter back in college is over, and I am pleased to have earned all A's. It was no cakewalk. I learned a lot in every class, and I felt the genuine stress and pressure of collegiate life. I had forgotten how gruelling that was. The key observation was noting how my response has changed from when I was a boy. This is the way I should have been doing it all along.

In other news, I just paid off my first car note. She is actually mine now! She has seen some tough times, but she has hung in there. I hope she lasts long enough to pass her along to my eldest. She only has 66,000 miles on her. My first car, Grace, had far more, but was as trustworthy as a lad could ask. My last car, an old Corolla, died after 188,000 miles. So, I should be able to hang onto this baby and stay away from future car-indebtedness, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home