Thursday, February 03, 2005

Phase II Complete, Cold Caught

I woke up sneezing, aching, all that good stuff. We had an ice storm last week, then the temp climbed to short-sleeves weather. Too much going on too fast, and now I'm a little ill. The last 6 weeks I worked for Siemens, I was sick and couldn't kick it, because I was always on the go and wouldn't let my body rest. It won't be the same story now. I am going to attack this cold vigorously, with fluids, rest, and chicken soup. What a concept. I see why some blogs are so boring -there's nothing exciting about this. Maybe I should switch gears.

Phase II of my home improvement project is done. I tapped into the phone wiring in my daughter's room and ran it down into the office. Now I can connect my fax machine!!! Did I mention that everytime I need to send a fax, I have to take it into the kitchen, where the nearest working jack is? I then have to lug it back to the office immediately, lest my son perform demolitions or surgery on it. This is fabulous!!! Thinking ahead, I ran Cat5 up to my daughter's room. I am not yet prepared to allow her to have internet access in her room, but I have been dissatisfied with the signal strength of the wireless network I have implemented. Downstairs it is very reliable, but since I gave Siemens their laptop back, the only wireless computers I have are upstairs in my bedroom. I don't know whether the range or the architectural obstructions are at the root of the problem, but I figure that I can add my print server router to the network and sit the wireless router in my daughter's room, and the closer proximity and straight line of site to my bedroom will give me better coverage. I haven't implemented this yet, but I am optimistic. Hmmm... that wasn't very exciting either. I guess that's why this is called Days in the Life. My life hasn't been exciting in a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home