Friday, March 03, 2006

You Underestimate My Power!!!!

--That's what that buster, Anakin Skywalker, said to Obi Wan just before Master Kenobi dropped the hammer in what is probably the most stunning sequence in all of cinema history, and sliced and diced Anakin out of both legs and an arm. I don't know why crazy thoughts like that pop into my head at random, but they do, and leave me without much room to segue. I guess I am feeling a tad giddy because not only did the 76ers win tonight (with Iverson torching the Wizards for 47 and 12), but I coded my own web browser today. Not any old ordinary application, but my own iteration of the KILLER app of all time. I doubt any program is as used as the web browser (save the OS, and they don't count). Think of it... Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox, and (drum roll, please!) the DiMWiT. That's my tentative name for it. The name that popped in my head initially was too long, so I shortened it. I thought, "Data Miner, Waste of Timer" -hinting at the profound dual nature of the Internet. People use it to increase their knowledge immensely, but people also use it to dumb themselves down. DMWT. DiMWiT. I know its corny, but that's my baby. She's very primitive right now. She has no back button or Favorites or anything fancy. Just an url bar, a Go button, and the content viewer. It's so freaking SWEEEEEEEEEEET though. Ha ha. The simple pleasures. This wan't even for class. This is just me being curious and nerdy. I am composing this post in the browser RIGHT NOW!!!! And it's Midnight on the dot, so that's a good place to stop. I've got schoolwork for the week to finish (and in some cases, start).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home